Breath new life into your lawn with our Lawn CORE-AERATION service!
Is your lawn looking worn out and tired? Then it's time to give your lawn a breather…literally! Aerate your lawn and give it a breath of fresh air! For as little as $79.99 we will Core-Aerate your lawn, allowing de-compaction of soil, increasing infiltration of water & nutrients, and improving your lawns overall health. Your lawn will benefit most from our core-aeration service in early Spring and again in Autumn.
Homeowners often overlook problems associated with soil compaction. Insects, diseases, improper watering and a lack of fertilizer are often blamed for a lawns decline when the real culprit is compaction. The problem starts when the top 4 inches of the soil become compressed, impeding the movement of air, water and nutrients to the grass roots. This stresses the grass plants, making them less able to compete with weeds and slow to recuperate from injury. In time, a compacted lawn becomes worn, thin and just plain tired. The Solution: Core-Aeration!
What is Core-Aeration?
Lawn core-aeration involves the removal of small soil plugs or cores out of the lawn. Cores are removed mechanically; extracting 1/2 to 3/4 inch diameter cores of soil and depositing them on your lawn. Aeration holes are typically 1-4 inches deep and 3-6 inches apart.
What will Core-Aeration do for my lawn?
As lawns age or sustain heavy use from play, sports activities, pets, and heavy accumulation of snow, soil compaction can result. Soil compacting forces are most severe in poorly drained or wet sites. Compaction greatly reduces the porous space within the soil that would normally hold air. Roots require oxygen to grow and absorb nutrients and water. Compaction reduces total porous space and the amount of air within the soil. It has a negative impact on nutrient uptake and water infiltration, in addition to being a physical barrier to root growth. This results in poor top growth and lawn deterioration. Core-aeration can benefit your lawn by:
- Loosening compacted soil enhancing infiltration of rainfall or irrigation by reducing water runoff.
- Increasing the availability of nutrients.
- Helping prevent fertilizer and pesticide run-off from overly compacted areas.
- Enhancing oxygen levels in the soil, stimulating root growth and enhancing the activity of thatch-decomposing organisms.
- While removing cores of soil, the spoons or tines also sever roots, rhizomes and stolons. Grass plants are stimulated to produce new shoots and roots that “fill up” the holes in the lawn and increase the density of the turf.
- Increasing the lawn's drought tolerance and improves its overall health.
SOME SERVICES CAN NOT BE ORDERED ONLINE. IF YOU DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR PLEASE SEE OUR SERVICES PAGE OR CLICK HERE FOR PRICING INFORMATION ON OUR OTHER SERVICES.
Pricing for the following services are based on lot size. Don’t know your lot size? Use this simple Measure My Lot app and find out, or give us a call at 630-219-0034 and we’ll look it up for you!.