Since 2004, American Lawn and Landscape Co has provided quality lawn care services in Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, and Romeoville, IL. Our local company is licensed and insured with a trained and experienced team to provide dependable services. We offer competitive prices and convenient payment options for our customers.
If you need more information or want to schedule a service, please contact us at (630) 934-1530 for responsive service.
Grass, like any other plant, requires water, essential nutrients from the soil, oxygen, and sunlight to grow healthy and strong. Our professional lawn care services in Plainfield, IL can correct a wide variety of problems to control weeds and ensure that your grass gets the nutrients it needs for a thick, green lawn.
How Often Should I Mow My Lawn?
The frequency of lawn mowing depends on various factors, including the grass type, growth rate, desired height, and weather conditions.
However, a general rule of thumb is to mow your lawn regularly enough to maintain an optimal height and overall health. Here are some guidelines:
- Grass height: Aim to mow your lawn when the grass reaches about one-third higher than its recommended mowing height. Most grass types thrive when maintained at a height of around 2.5 to 3.5 inches (6 to 9 cm), but this may vary depending on the species.
- Growth rate: Grass growth rates can vary depending on the season and climate. During the active growth period, which is typically spring and summer, you may need to mow more frequently than during slower growth periods like fall and winter.
- Avoid scalping: Avoid cutting off more than one-third of the grass blade length in a single mowing session. Scalping, or cutting the grass too short, weakens the grass, exposes the soil to sunlight, and promotes weed growth.
- Adjust for weather conditions: During periods of drought or heat stress, it's generally recommended to raise the mowing height slightly to provide shade to the soil and help retain moisture. Conversely, in cooler seasons, you can lower the mowing height slightly.
- Regular maintenance: Establish a regular mowing schedule based on the growth rate and grass height. This may mean mowing once a week during peak growing seasons or less frequently during slower growth periods.
Our pros in Plainfield, IL can evaluate your lawn care needs and provide regular maintenance services to keep your lawn at it's healthiest. Contact us today to find out more about our services.
Keep your lawn in optimal health with our professional lawn care services:
- Fertilizer and weed control – Fertilizer provides plants with essential nutrients for growth and increases crop yield. Weed control prevents unwanted plants from competing with desired plants for resources. Both practices help maintain healthy and productive plants, enhance aesthetics, and contribute to the success of agriculture, landscaping, and gardening.
- Core aeration – Core aerating the lawn helps with soil decompaction to increase the amount of water and nutrients in the soil. This service is beneficial for improving overall lawn health and should be done in the fall and spring.
- Dethatching/Power raking – As lawn debris, dead roots, and dead turf grass crowns build up between the grass and the soil, it prevents your grass from absorbing needed nutrients and oxygen. This can weaken your grass and kill your lawn. Dethatching/power raking removes the excess thatch, so your grass can get the nutrients it needs to grow lush and green.
Maintaining a healthy and attractive lawn requires significant time, effort, and knowledge. At American Lawn and Landscape Co. we the best quality tools and equipment to ensure that your lawn always receives the care and attention it deserves.
“Again, they always show up on the same day, and work hard with meticulous attention to detail.” - Tamara P.
“They planted a dozen large flower plants for us, laid down some sod, transplanted a boxwood bush and planted a crabtree for us, and everything turned out picture perfect.” - James D.
“When the crew was done, the landscape around my house looked the best that it has ever looked.” - Russel B.
At American Lawn and Landscape Co, we offer affordable pricing and free estimates for lawn care services in Plainfield, IL. We are fully licensed, insured, and committed to quality service that is always tailored to your needs.
We utilize the best products and technology to maintain a healthy lawn and provide great value to every customer. Our team is focused on maintaining America’s beauty, one yard at a time.